|Published:||Oct 21, 2013 8:10 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 21, 2013 8:10 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Homicide detectives are continuing to investigate the death of a Miami toddler who was found in a drainage ditch near her mother's home.
The child's body was found hours after she went missing on Saturday. Police say Maria Neveah Johnson was a week shy of her second birthday.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/1b5psYE ) reports the toddler was rushed Homestead Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
No arrests have been made. The Herald reports the child was being watched by the mother's boyfriend when she went missing. Neighbors joined in a frantic search for the child.
No further details were immediately available.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story