|Published:||Oct 21, 2013 12:54 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 21, 2013 6:30 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The Cape Coral Fire Department responded to a crash involving a Nissan Altima and a motorcycle at 249 Cape Coral Pkwy E. just before 1:00 p.m. today. The motorcyclist has been identified as Christopher Brady Griffiths.
According to Cape Coral Police, Griffiths' motorcycle struck the rear of the Altima in the westbound lanes of Cape Coral Parkway between Palm Tree Boulevard and Santa Barbara Boulevard. The crash ejected Griffiths, who sustained life-threatening injuries. He was lying on his back in the roadway with his helmet on when firefighters arrived.
Firefighters began immediate medical care and initially called for a helicopter due to the seriousness of the injuries. However it was felt that the transport time would be less if taken by ambulance rather than waiting on the helicopter, so Griffiths was taken to Lee Memorial Hospital by ambulance with Cape Coral providing assistance in the ambulance.
Alcohol was a factor in the crash.
Griffiths is listed in critical condition at Lee Memorial Hospital.
The crash and subsequent investigation had Cape Coral Parkway completely shutdown for about three hours.
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.