|Published:||Oct 21, 2013 5:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 21, 2013 10:21 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- Cape Police, Fire and EMS responded to a traffic crash in the 2700 block of SW 20th Ave. A 13-year-old boy sustained life threatening head injuries when he veered from a vacant field into the street and was ejected from his bicycle when he struck a trailer being towed by a pick up truck.
The victim was taken to Lee Memorial Hospital as a trauma alert and was later airlifted to Tampa General Hospital where he is in critical condition. The Cape Police tell us that the victim was not wearing a helmet. The driver of the truck was not injured.
The accident is under investigation. Trust WINK to bring you more information on this story as it becomes available.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids