|Published:||Oct 20, 2013 4:04 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 20, 2013 4:04 PM EDT|
On Saturday, October 19, 2013 the Fort Myers Police Department received a call in reference to a suspicious person. Late Saturday morning around 11:30 a.m. a 13-year old girl was walking her dog in the area of West Riverside Drive when she noticed a car she didn't recognize circling the neighborhood. The third time the driver rounded the block; he stopped and asked the girl if she needed a ride. The girl ignored the stranger, changed her course and cut through some yards and home to safety.
The girl described the stranger as a white male, 50-60 years old and extremely heavyset. He had salt and pepper hair and short facial hair as if he hadn't shaved that day. The man was driving a silver or bluish, older model, four-door vehicle. The car also had an "army supporter" bumper sticker on the back. Police remind parents to teach children about stranger dangers and the reporting of suspicious activity. Anyone with information is asked to call the Fort Myers Police Department at 239-321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Study shows foreclosure numbers down, job growth up in SWFL
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break