|Published:||Oct 19, 2013 8:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 19, 2013 8:59 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A skydiver has died after authorities say his parachute did not deploy during a jump in southwest Florida.
Pasco Sheriff's officials said the unidentified male victim died on scene after attempting a maneuver near Topp of Tampa airport on Saturday.
The pilot of the biplane landed safely in Wesley Chapel.
Authorities are investigating. No other details were released.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776
- Naples based St. Matthew's House expanding to Labelle
- Sebelius visits Miami to talk about health care
- Corrections officer accused of stealing inmate IDs
- Landlord accused in lead paint case
- USPS to deliver mail in SWFL on certain Sundays