|Published:||Oct 19, 2013 2:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 19, 2013 2:11 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY,FL. - Crime Stoppers is seeking the public's help identifying and tracking down a man detectives believe robbed two different gas stations, two nights in a row. The first occurred at 8:39 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 16th at the Marathon gas station located at 2938 Fowler Street. A male, wearing black coveralls and a black ski mask aggressively approached the clerk with a silver handgun demanding money. The clerk complied and the man fled on foot. The next night, around 9:50 p.m., a man fitting the same physical description, wearing identical clothing, and brandishing a similar gun, entered the Shell/Lehigh Express at 1626 Meadow Road in Lehigh, and ordered both clerks to empty the till and give him all the cash. Despite the fact that multiple witnesses were in the store during both robberies, the suspect reportedly was confident and quick - each time leaving the store in less than a minute.
"There are far too many similarities between the two robberies to think that they are not related," said Trish Routte, Crime Stoppers Coordinator. "Detectives from both the Fort Myers Police Department and the Lee County Sheriff's Office have compared notes, and they strongly believe that they're both looking for the same man. And given the brazen, confident actions of this individual, there remains a strong probability that he'll do it again."
The black coveralls worn in both robberies are unusual in nature, and are believed to be Airforce brand.
Anyone with information on this violent crime is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS (8477). All callers will remain anonymous and will be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1,000. Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org or by texting a tip to CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41