|Published:||Oct 18, 2013 11:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 18, 2013 11:18 PM EDT|
Polk County, Fla. (AP) -- Florida deputies have arrested the stepmother of a 14-year-old accused of bullying a girl prior to her suicide.
The Polk County Sheriff's Office said Friday that 30-year-old Vivian Vosburg has been booked into the county jail on two counts of child abuse with bodily harm and four counts of child neglect.
Officials say Vosburg beat a child with her fists in her home as several other children watched.
Sheriff Grady Judd said at a news conference that one child in the home took a cellphone video of the beating and posted it on Facebook.
Judd says Vosburg is the stepmother of one of two girls charged with felony aggravated stalking earlier in the week. Officials say the girls bullied and harassed 12-year-old Rebecca Sedwick before she committed suicide.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- FGCU one win away from NCAA Tournament appearance
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- Fla. could increase private school vouchers
- Man gets life for fatally shooting ex-girlfriend
- Ukraine throws wrench into Obama vacation plan