|Published:||Oct 18, 2013 11:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 18, 2013 11:18 PM EDT|
Polk County, Fla. (AP) -- Florida deputies have arrested the stepmother of a 14-year-old accused of bullying a girl prior to her suicide.
The Polk County Sheriff's Office said Friday that 30-year-old Vivian Vosburg has been booked into the county jail on two counts of child abuse with bodily harm and four counts of child neglect.
Officials say Vosburg beat a child with her fists in her home as several other children watched.
Sheriff Grady Judd said at a news conference that one child in the home took a cellphone video of the beating and posted it on Facebook.
Judd says Vosburg is the stepmother of one of two girls charged with felony aggravated stalking earlier in the week. Officials say the girls bullied and harassed 12-year-old Rebecca Sedwick before she committed suicide.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids