|Published:||Oct 18, 2013 12:27 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 18, 2013 12:27 PM EDT|
SANIBEL, Fla.- On Friday, October 25th, a group of student volunteers from Florida Gulf Coast University will be conducting a monofilament and debris clean-up underneath and around the Sanibel fishing pier in coordination with Keep Lee County Beautiful's Monofilament Madness and the Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation (SCCF).
In order to provide a safe environment for the divers, the Sanibel fishing pier will be closed from 7:00 AM until 2:30 PM. The goal is to perform maintenance and recover monofilament fishing line and other debris that could cause harm to wildlife.
For more information or questions regarding this closure, please contact the Natural Resources Department at (239) 472-3700.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples