|Published:||Oct 18, 2013 5:29 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 18, 2013 5:38 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.,- New developments in a neighborhood's fight against oil drilling in their backyards.
Protesters are challenging the approval of two permits that would allow drilling near their homes in Golden Gate Estates.
They worry hundreds of wells could be installed.
They say the oil drilling only benefits a corporation, not the people, the wetlands or the wildlife.
The department of environmental protection has 14 days to review the petition and approve or deny an administrative hearing.
They have not provided us with a response to the petition.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Men take homeowner's truck at gunpoint, abandon it nearby
- Salvation Army of Collier short on donations and volunteers
- Residents are still homeless after a devastating Sept. fire