|Published:||Oct 18, 2013 11:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 18, 2013 11:15 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- The Corrections Department in Florida is changing its early release policy after two killers escaped with bogus documents.
Corrections Secretary Michael Crews said Friday prison officials will verify with judges - and not just court clerks - before releasing prisoners early.
The change comes four days after authorities discovered murderers Joseph Jenkins and Charles Walker walked out of a Panhandle prison based on fake paperwork.
Authorities say the early release orders for both prisoners had forged signatures of a judge. Authorities are still searching for Jenkins and Walter, both 34, who were serving life sentences for separate murders.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann