|Published:||Oct 18, 2013 4:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 18, 2013 4:18 PM EDT|
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (AP) - Florida deputies have arrested the mother of a 14-year-old accused of bullying a girl prior to her suicide.
The Polk County Sheriff's Office said Friday that 30-year-old Vivian Vosburg is being booked into the county jail on two counts of child abuse with bodily harm and four counts of child neglect. A news conference about the arrest will be held at 5:30 p.m. Friday.
Vosburg is the mother of one of two girls who was charged with felony aggravated stalking earlier in the week. Officials say the two girls bullied and harassed 14-year-old Rebecca Sedwick before she committed suicide.
Officials say Vosberg's charges are not connected to the case involving her daughter.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft