|Published:||Oct 18, 2013 2:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 18, 2013 4:37 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- The Fort Myers Police Department, the Lee County Sheriff's Office, and the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force all investigated a suspicious bag left on the 1900 block of Victoria Ave. just after 2:00 p.m. It was discovered that the bag was full of clothing a transient had left behind.
A bomb robot, along with bomb-sniffing dogs were deployed. A short time later, bomb technicians began suiting up to examine the contents of a backpack found along side of the building.
The package was detonated, and it was then determined to be full of clothing.
Victoria Ave. was closed for hours as law enforcement investigated.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash