|Published:||Oct 18, 2013 10:58 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 18, 2013 3:33 PM EDT|
KEY LARGO, Fla. (AP) - Authorities in the Florida Keys believe they've found the body of a missing diver.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office reports that a body was found Friday afternoon inside the wreck of the USS Spiegel Grove, located about 6 miles off Key Largo.
A medical examiner will have to officially identify the body, but detectives believe it is 43-year-old Joseph Dragojevich.
Dragojevich reportedly went missing Thursday afternoon while diving around the sunken vessel.
Authorities have also recovered Dragojevich's equipment and hope to determine what happened to him.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- E-911 System Out in Charlotte County
- Sports making their way back to Edison State College
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Postal Service letter carriers collect toys this Saturday