|Published:||Oct 18, 2013 6:19 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 18, 2013 6:30 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla.- Lee County Sheriff's deputies are searching for a man who held up a Lehigh Acres gas station and took off with cash. What he didn't know was that surveillance cameras at the Express Shell on Meadow Road were rolling.
"He just walked in with a gun and demanded monies and everything," said store employee Mohiuddin Jhonny.
Caught on camera, a determined thief who didn't waste time getting what he wanted.
"There was two customers doing transactions on two registers, he just walked in between two of them and pointed the gun to that cashier and said give me money," saidn Jhonny.
The man, wearing a black jumpsuit and ski mask, pointed his silver revolver at the clerk as he rifled through the cash registers.
"He just grabbed the money and walked away within 30 seconds, not even 30 seconds," said Jhonny.
There were a handful of witnesses inside the store at the time. They said the robber ran out the door towards Sunshine Boulevard and it didn't seem to phase him that other people were inside the store.
"He didn't even bother what the other customers were doing," said Jhonny.
The store employee said no one inside the store was hurt.
Deputies had set up a perimeter with negative results. If you have any information, you are asked to call SWFL Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS.
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Beach renourishment winding down in Naples
- Embry-Riddle invited to Sunshine State Conference
- Florida A&M could have probation lifted