|Published:||Oct 17, 2013 5:28 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 17, 2013 5:28 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - The Supreme Court is rejecting the appeal of a man who killed a Dixie County deputy in a shootout after murdering his sister and another woman.
John Kalisz was appealing the death sentences he received for the murder of his sister, Kathryn Donovan, and her office manager, Deborah Tillotson. The Supreme Court rejected the 59-year-old man's appeal Thursday.
Kalisz killed the women and wounded two others in January 2010. He later killed Dixie County sheriff's Capt. Chad Reed during the shootout. He was sentenced to life after pleading guilty to Reed's death.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present