|Published:||Oct 17, 2013 5:28 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 17, 2013 5:28 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - The Supreme Court is rejecting the appeal of a man who killed a Dixie County deputy in a shootout after murdering his sister and another woman.
John Kalisz was appealing the death sentences he received for the murder of his sister, Kathryn Donovan, and her office manager, Deborah Tillotson. The Supreme Court rejected the 59-year-old man's appeal Thursday.
Kalisz killed the women and wounded two others in January 2010. He later killed Dixie County sheriff's Capt. Chad Reed during the shootout. He was sentenced to life after pleading guilty to Reed's death.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.