|Published:||Oct 17, 2013 5:07 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 17, 2013 5:32 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - Collier County investigators say it's case closed when it comes to allegations a woman tried to sell her baby.
WINK News first reported the story on WINK News at Six. We learned a woman found a baby alone on her doorstep in east Naples. Today we confirmed that baby is in foster care. Collier deputies tell us the case is unfounded and that this was simply a misunderstanding, not a woman trying to sell her infant child.
Collier County Sheriff's Deputies said on Tuesday morning someone approached a woman on Andrew Drive in East Naples and said she knew someone who was trying to sell a baby. Hours later, someone dropped the infant on that woman's doorstep, just feet away from the motel. The infant was in a carrier, next to the carrier was a baby bag that had papers with names written on them.
WINK News confirmed Thursday the newborn is in foster care and the Department of Children and Families is looking into this case.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo