|Published:||Oct 17, 2013 11:48 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 17, 2013 12:34 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - A Cape Coral man is behind bars this afternoon accused in a crash that killed two people back in February. Jason Jones made a first appearance in Lee County court this morning.
Cape Coral police arrested Jones Wednesday. Jones faces two counts vehicular homicide and two counts of possessing a controlled substance for having several oxycodone pills and illegal steroids on him. Today, a judge set bond at $110,000.
According to Cape Coral police, the 36-year-old and his 8-year-old son were in their Hummer when, for some reason, Jones started swerving on and off the road. He ultimately collided with a Toyota minivan, killing Edward Mildner and Joanne Grimes. Jones and his son were seriously injured in the crash.
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Red Sox' 2014 Spring Training ticket sales set record