|Published:||Oct 16, 2013 4:49 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 16, 2013 4:50 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- WINK News has obtained video of a child abduction suspect, not long before she took her daughter from a supervised visitation. Fort Myers Police also are releasing the 911 call for help from Tues., Oct. 8.
The video from Health Park Hospital in Lee county shows Christine Riemer, talking with hospital staffers. The police report indicates she had argued with the foster parents of her daughter, about the child's treatment. Then, video shows a woman seeming to escort Riemer out of the building, followed by a security guard.
Later that afternoon, staffers at Lutheran services were warned, Riemer might try something, according to the police narrative. Despite that, Riemer was able to grab her daughter, bolt out a door, and flee on foot.
The 911 call has audio of an employee at Lutheran Services, which by contract provides supervised visitation for non-custodial parents, like Riemer.
"A parent just absconded her child," says the 911 caller. "She just snatched her."
Later, the 911 operator asks whether the suspect left on foot or by vehicle. There is a brief discussion and then the caller admits, they did not know how Riemer got away.
It turns out, she went through some woods to a get-away vehicle, and later drove almost to the Georgia border before being arrested. Riemer still is jailed in Hamilton county, and the daughter is back in Lee county with foster parents.
Children's Network, which provides child services for this area, did not want to talk about security measures or upgrades, in light of what happened last week.
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve