|Published:||Oct 16, 2013 8:40 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 16, 2013 8:40 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Police say a terminal at the Miami airport has been closed down and evacuated after a bomb-sniffing dog detected something on a pallet there.
Miami-Dad police spokeswoman Robin Pinkard says Terminal J was evacuated at 7 a.m. and remained closed as of 8:25 a.m. She says all planes are being diverted away from the terminal and the department's bomb squad is on the scene. She says once able, the bomb squad will examine the pallet.
Pinkard had no other details.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft