|Published:||Oct 16, 2013 8:40 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 16, 2013 8:40 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Police say a terminal at the Miami airport has been closed down and evacuated after a bomb-sniffing dog detected something on a pallet there.
Miami-Dad police spokeswoman Robin Pinkard says Terminal J was evacuated at 7 a.m. and remained closed as of 8:25 a.m. She says all planes are being diverted away from the terminal and the department's bomb squad is on the scene. She says once able, the bomb squad will examine the pallet.
Pinkard had no other details.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend