|Published:||Oct 16, 2013 9:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 16, 2013 10:53 PM EDT|
EAST NAPLES, Fla - An East Naples woman is accused of selling a baby and leaving the child on a strangers doorstep.
It happened on Andrew Drive in East Naples, just a few blocks south of Davis Boulevard and the Naples Municipal Airport.
A woman tells WINK News she came home from the store to find a nine week old baby on her front step. She was shocked and in disbelief that someone would leave a child out in the open like that.
The family who found the baby tells me they were approached earlier that day by the baby's grandmother. After talking for several minutes, the grandmother allegedly said her daughter was looking to sell the child.
The family tells WINK News the baby was left in a carrier, along with the baby bag. Inside were some papers will some names on it.
According to a Sheriff's report, the baby's mother was staying at a nearby motel. We spoke to the owner, but he did not want to show his face on camera.
"We don't allow that kind of activity around here. That was an isolated issue. We did not know about it. We don't know what they're doing down the street and what not. We tried to watch as much as we can and stop all the activity, but we don't allow anything bad around here at all," says the owner.
Deputies contacted DCF about the situation. They traced down the baby's mother and are now investigating. At this point, we don't know who is taking care of the child.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- FWC reports 20th panther mortality for 2013
- Naples shelter combats domestic violence one gift at a time