|Published:||Oct 16, 2013 7:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 16, 2013 7:16 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. --- As far as Fort Myers Councilman Levon Simms was concerned ... he had moved on from his September primary loss to Christine Matthews, after first fighting the loss weeks after the election.
"I thought there was an indiscretion. When you have people coming to you saying I never got an absentee ballot, and they get them , ain't quite natural, calls into question validity of the whole thing," said Simms.
Simms wrote to the authorities, and heard nothing in return. But Wednesday, WINK news told him someone was listening.
We've learned authorities with FDLE will be in fort myers Thursday ... to question 125 absentee ballots. Filed over the internet ... there are not sure all of them are legal.
Supervisor of Elections Sharon Harrington says they came from three IP addresses.
One of which we've confirmed, ame from Christine Matthew's cell phone or laptop.
"If they find anything, there could be criminal prosecution but it doesn't change the election unless someone contests it in court," said Harrington.
"Those people who were doing those things that were wrong, should be prosecuted or something," said Simms.
We reached out to Christine Matthews through phone, there was no response. We also knocked at her home ... the people home said she was not there.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- E-911 System Out in Charlotte County
- Sports making their way back to Edison State College
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Postal Service letter carriers collect toys this Saturday