|Published:||Oct 15, 2013 6:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 15, 2013 6:46 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- WINK News has heard from several medical providers who say their appeals were denied by United Healthcare, and they will not be part of the Medicare Advantage plan next year.
Several weeks ago, WINK News reported many large medical providers in our area were dropped by United Healthcare's Medicare Advantage program for next year.
Many of those providers filed appeals with the health care company. The following practices tell WINK News, United denied their appeals:
Gastroenterology Associates of SW Florida
Orthopedic Specialists of SW Florida
Florida Heart Associates
Ear, Nose and Throat Specialists of Florida
This does not impact people with other United Healthcare or Medicare plans, only those with the Medicare Advantage plan.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash