|Published:||Oct 15, 2013 12:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 15, 2013 12:15 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A Lee County teacher, accused of leaving his puppy in the hot trunk of his car, is pleading not guilty to animal cruelty charges.
Students at Gateway Charter School in Fort Myers turned in 28-year-old Matthew Emans.
Emans claims he thought it was OK to leave the dog there for a short time.
He's due back in court next month for a probation violation, stemming from a prior DUI arrest.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash