|Published:||Oct 15, 2013 8:19 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 15, 2013 8:19 AM EDT|
FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) - The girlfriend of former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez is due to be arraigned in Massachusetts on a perjury charge connected to the murder case against him.
Shayanna Jenkins is scheduled to appear in Fall River Superior Court on Tuesday afternoon. She was indicted on a single count of perjury in September related to testimony she gave the Bristol County grand jury hearing evidence in the case.
Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder in the death of Odin Lloyd, a 27-year-old semi-pro football player from Boston. He had been dating Jenkins' sister.
Jenkins and Hernandez lived together in North Attleborough, Mass., near where Lloyd's body was found. They have a young child.
Three others, including Hernandez's cousin, are also facing charges in the case.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week