|Published:||Oct 15, 2013 8:40 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 15, 2013 10:54 AM EDT|
ATLANTIC BEACH, Fla. (AP) - United States Coast Guard crews are searching for four people aboard a sinking shrimp boat off Ponte Vedra.
The Coast Guard in Jacksonville says the crew used the vessel's VHF-FM marine radio just after 6 a.m. Tuesday to report their boat was taking on water.
A boat crew from Station Mayport in Atlantic Beach and a helicopter crew from Air Station Savannah, Ga., are assisting in the rescue attempt along with Jacksonville Fire and Rescue.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey