|Published:||Oct 12, 2013 1:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 12, 2013 2:05 PM EDT|
BONITA SPRING, Fla. --- A Bonita Springs yard sale backed up traffic for a bit on Mango Drive Saturday morning, with the profits benefiting a mother of 9, just diagnosed with breast cancer.
The children of local woman Sandy Prawdzik took their pink ribbons to the front yard, along with hundreds of items for sale.
Sandy adopted the children as a single parent, now her kids say it's time to support her.
By the time our crews arrived mid-afternoon Saturday, organizers say the sale had died down.
But they had already made several hundred bucks, and it was only noon.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral