|Published:||Oct 12, 2013 5:14 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 13, 2013 10:36 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - All lanes on Fowler Street are back open after a fatal crash shut down the road.
According to FHP, the crash happened around 4:50 p.m. on Fowler Street in Fort Myers near the Steak and Shake. It involved a motorcycle. Investigators say the motorcyclist was traveling at a high rate of speed in the southbound lanes when he failed to negotiate a curve. They say 34-year-old Luke James Cicora of Fort Myers entered the median, crossing over to northbound traffic.
Investigators say Cicora struck a vehicle, fell into the road, and was struck by a second vehicle. He was pronounced dead at the scene. A passenger in one of the vehicles suffered minor injuries.
Investigators are looking into whether Circora was drinking.
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed