|Published:||Oct 11, 2013 10:31 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 11, 2013 11:31 AM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - A prominent Florida attorney known for his television ads is pouring his own money into a campaign to legalize marijuana for medical use.
Newly filed reports show Orlando attorney John Morgan has donated $250,000 in the last three months to People United for Medical Marijuana. That's 63 percent of what the group raised during the last quarter.
The group, which is led by Morgan, wants voters to approve an amendment that allows Floridians to legally use marijuana for medical reasons. It takes signatures from nearly 700,000 voters to qualify for the 2014 ballot.
Morgan, the founder of the Morgan & Morgan law firm, is featured in the firm's television and radio ads that feature the slogan "for the people."
Morgan can be heard on radio ads touting the amendment.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- Fla. city ends program allowing backyard chickens
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Whales stranded in Fla.: From despair to optimism
- 1 killed, 1 injured in Orlando hit-and-run
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Baby born on side of expressway in Miami