|Published:||Oct 11, 2013 11:18 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 11, 2013 11:39 AM EDT|
IMMOKALEE, Fla.- The Florida Highway Patrol has identified the pedestrian in a fatal crash that occurred on April 27, 2013 as 55-year-old Marie Francois, of Immokalee.
The crash happened around 9:15 p.m. on West Delware Avenue, when 60-year-old Jean Mary Estime, also of Immokalee, hit Francois with his truck, according to FHP.
Estime was charged with leaving the scene of the accident with a death.
It is still unknown whether alcohol played a role in the accident. The investigation continues.
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating