|Published:||Oct 10, 2013 11:50 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 10, 2013 3:20 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Both north and southbound lanes of Veronica Shoemaker remain closed, between Palm Beach Boulevard and Marion Street, after a 58-year-old man suffered a fatal medical episode and crashed his SUV into a light pole.
According to the Fort Myers Police Department, the driver, identified as Edward Gillespy, was transported to Lee Memorial Hospital where he died from his medical condition.
FPL remains on the scene, making repairs. The road could be closed up to an hour.
- Builders Care gives Fort Myers man new home for Christmas
- Corkscrew Road back open after early morning crash
- Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, share views on Rep. Trey Radel
- New South American Exhibit Opening at Naples Zoo
- Woman charged with murder in 3-year-old's death
- Louisiana man dies after boat capsizes off Fla.
- Winning bid tops $100,000 for Zimmerman flag art