|Published:||Oct 10, 2013 3:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 10, 2013 3:12 PM EDT|
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. (AP) - South Florida authorities say a 3-year-old girl is hospitalized in stable condition after a pit bull bit her face.
Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control Capt. David Walesky says the 6-year-old dog named Rusty has been quarantined because its rabies vaccinations were not current.
Walesky tells The Palm Beach Post (http://bit.ly/1beXZUS ) that it's not clear what prompted the dog to bite the girl. Investigators will determine whether Rusty meets dangerous dog criteria.
She was riding a bicycle Wednesday near the yard where the dog was tethered to its owner's truck. The owner was inside his home.
Walesky says the girl "went up into the property where the dog lawfully was."
Palm Beach Gardens Fire Rescue Chief Keith Bryer says the girl has cuts and puncture wounds to her face.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral