|Published:||Oct 10, 2013 6:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 10, 2013 6:30 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Prosecutors can retry a man accused of throwing an infant out of a car window on Interstate 275 in Tampa.
A Hillsborough County judge ruled Thursday that prosecutors had not purposefully elicited the testimony that prompted a mistrial in the case against 26-year-old Richard A. McTear Jr.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://goo.gl/ceftVz ) reports that the mistrial came in August after McTear's attorneys objected to testimony from the baby's mother that the judge had previously barred.
When asked by prosecutors about phone calls she'd received from McTear, Bedwell responded that he had threated to kill her and the baby in May 2009.
Authorities say McTear flew into a rage when he saw Bedwell return home in May 2009 with another man. He forced his way into her home, took the baby and drove off.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash