|Published:||Oct 09, 2013 1:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 09, 2013 1:20 PM EDT|
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A yacht captain is accused of smuggling some 620 pounds of cocaine into West Palm Beach.
The Palm Beach Post (bit.ly/GN2T2a ) reports 34-year-old Jonathan Paul Costenbader and co-defendants - 33-year-old Michelle Caribe Daniel and Steven Torello Davis - face federal charges of conspiracy to import cocaine and conspiracy to possess cocaine with the intent to deliver. They were arrested Sunday.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents spotted the yacht while conducting surveillance. About three hours later, they saw it again, approaching Lake Worth Inlet. They watched as Costenbader moored up at a marina and unloaded multiple duffel bags. Upon questioning, he told them cocaine was in the bags.
Officials say Costenbader told them he was delivering the drugs to Davis. He agreed to do a controlled delivery, using fake cocaine.
Information from: The Palm Beach (Fla.) Post, http://www.pbpost.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Alamo gun range set to open in February in Naples
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs