|Published:||Oct 07, 2013 5:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 07, 2013 5:06 PM EDT|
OCALA, Fla. (AP) - A north Florida woman has pleaded no contest for her part in a fatal robbery.
As part of a deal with Marion County prosecutors, 22-year-old Ashley Brooke LeVelle pleaded no contest Monday to second-degree murder. She will likely get 22 ½ years in prison. She had been facing a first-degree murder charge and a mandatory life sentence.
The Ocala Star-Banner (http://goo.gl/CfSP4o ) reports that LeVelle has agreed to testify against her co-defendant, Stevin Roopnarine, at his murder trial in December.
Authorities say LeVelle met with 27-year-old LaVar Watson on Christmas night 2011 after previously meeting on a dating website. Watson was riding in the passenger seat of LeVelle's car when Roopnarine, who was sitting in the back, shot Watson.
Prosecutors say LeVelle and Roopnarine later used Watson's bank card to buy gas.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Cape Coral arrested for child neglect
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week
- Deadly motorcycle crash in Lehigh Acres
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane
- Homeless chilren create Pictures of Hope
- Disabled kids in nursing homes suit consolidated