|Published:||Oct 07, 2013 1:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 07, 2013 1:20 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A judge sentenced the Lee County woman accused of taking thousands of dollars from friends, after convincing them she had inherited a fortune, to 18 months in prison today.
Morgan Johnson, 26, entered a plea of no contest earlier this year to a fraud charge. In July, Johnson was charged in a new scheme to defraud additional victims.
Johnson pleaded no contest to the fraud charge and one count of scheme to defraud. The rest of the charges were dropped because the cases overlapped.
According to our partners at the News-Press, Johnson will spend a year and a half in prison, and 12 years on probation.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape