|Published:||Oct 07, 2013 9:52 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 07, 2013 12:31 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Lee County Sheriff's Office is assisting Florida Highway Patrol in searching for a person who fled the scene of an accident. No one was injured in the crash.
FHP initially tried to pull the suspect over for speeding just before 7:30 a.m., on I-75 at mile marker 108, but the driver took off. The driver of the vehicle ended up crashing into at least three other vehicles at Cape Coral Pkwy. and College Pkwy.
The vehicle was later located by LCSO, and at that time, the driver fled on foot into The Landings Neighboorhood. LCSO has K9 units and patrol cars stationed at the entrance to the neighborhood.
Trust WINK News to bring you updates as we get them.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman