|Published:||Oct 07, 2013 10:45 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 07, 2013 4:52 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The Cape Coral man found guilty of killing a door-to-door salesman in July of 2012 has been sentenced to life in prison.
Roop will get credit for time served, and will have to pay restitution and fines.
Roop claimed the salesman, Nicholas Rainey, was acting suspiciously when he came to his door, but the prosecution said Rainey was just trying to make a living.
The judge called the murder a senseless act.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions