|Published:||Oct 07, 2013 2:26 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 07, 2013 2:26 PM EDT|
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Casey Anthony's attorneys are trying to block her from giving a deposition for a woman who claims the Florida mother defamed her.
Anthony's attorneys filed a motion late last week asking a judge in her Tampa bankruptcy case to stop the deposition.
Anthony is slated to give the deposition on Wednesday to Zenaida Gonzalez's attorneys.
Anthony told detectives that a baby sitter named Zenaida Gonzalez kidnapped her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. The detectives were investigating the girl's 2008 disappearance. Anthony was acquitted in 2011 of murdering her daughter.
Gonzalez says she was defamed by Anthony and should be considered a creditor in her bankruptcy case.
Anthony's attorneys say the deposition should be stopped because they weren't properly given notice and Gonzalez's claim lacks merit.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Fort Myers murder suspect caught
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone
- BREAKING: Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Sailors take to the harbor for regatta
- Collier County Deputies Search For Missing Woman
- Bears take a swim in a Collier County pool
- FSU accuser's attorney to hold news conference