|Published:||Oct 06, 2013 10:32 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 06, 2013 10:32 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Starting Monday, our partners at the News-Press are rolling out a new format with more content, including a partnership with USA Today.
Mei-Mei Chan, President and Publisher for the News-Press Media Group says, "we are so excited about this next evolution of the News-Press. On Monday, you'll see a much bigger, fatter, stronger version of the News-Press, we're giving a lot more to our readers, so our local content will increase by about 20%."
She adds, "it's going to provide the best of USA Today, everyday, within the News-Press, so there will be a stand alone USA Today within the news pages. There will be more sports including NFL sports and a features section on Sunday."
Chan says it's big undertaking, but exciting to give the readers what they've asked for-more content.
"It's the best of both worlds, it's more local content which people love and embrace, and then it's national and international content from USA Today and its award winning, particularly sports and features for our readers-travel, celebrities, content people said they wanted," she says.
She also says the new and expanded edition won't cost you any more money.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students