|Published:||Oct 05, 2013 9:41 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 05, 2013 11:49 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, FL.--New details in a cold case out of Charlotte County this afternoon, forensic crews suspended their search for a man who went missing nearly three decades ago.
They say they'll determine their next course of action on Monday.
County workers found Terrance Beghin's car earlier this week while cleaning a canal.
Terrance Beghin has been missing since November of 1986.
WINK News spoke his sister, Deborah, who still recalls the day her older brother went missing.
"We immediately thought something bad had happened, it just would not be like him for him not to have contact with someone," said Deborah Dunbar.
Behin was 26 years old at the time and his sister tells us he was a funny, kind person who was fond of picking up hitch hikers to take them where they needed to go.
"And we thought well he has a nice car and maybe he picked up a hitch hiker and they wanted his car or something like that," said Dunbar.
Neighbors who live right next to the canal are shocked that such an important part of this cold case was hidden right next to them for so long.
"I think somebody might have murdered him and threw the car in there, since they didn't find nothing," said Lisa Vollaro.
Vollaro thinks detectives didn't find anything because of all the wildlife, she says, that lives where the car was found.
"There's gators, theres bobcats, coyotes, everything in there," said Vollaro.
Now, 27 years later, Terrance' sister finally has some kind of closure.
"In my heart I believe he was in the car whether or not hat find any remains after this amount of time," said Dunbar.
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog