|Published:||Oct 04, 2013 4:16 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 04, 2013 4:16 PM EDT|
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a woman was injured after a Tampa Bay area school bus crashed into her car.
Clearwater police say the Pinellas County school bus was heading to Curlew Creek Elementary with four special-needs students Friday morning when it hit a convertible. A witness told police the bus had run a red light.
The car's driver was airlifted to a nearby hospital with serious injuries. No injuries were reported to the bus driver or the students, who were picked up by another bus and taken to school.
Authorities say charges are pending against the bus driver.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling