|Published:||Oct 04, 2013 1:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 04, 2013 1:38 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- The Collier County Sheriff's Office arrested 22-year-old Christopher Harris, a pharmacy technician, for allegedly stealing drugs from Walgreens, his former employer.
A Loss Prevention Representative from Walgreens, located at 4747 Golden Gate Parkway, told deputies Harris had recently failed a drug test, and tested positive for hydrocodone. During an interview about the failed test, Harris allegedly admitted to Loss Prevention that he had been stealing the narcotic from the pharmacy for the last six months. Harris provided Loss Prevention with a written statement. The total amount taken was $609.
Deputies met with Harris, who told them he suffered from chronic knee pain from injuries sustained during high school lacrosse and during service in the U.S. Air Force.
At the conclusion of the interview, Harris was arrested and transported to the county jail without incident.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend