|Published:||Oct 04, 2013 3:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 04, 2013 3:35 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A consultant to Lee County Department of Transportation has concluded that the Sanibel Causeway beams overall are in good condition and there are no structural concerns with the bridges.
Consultant TY Lin International recently conducted a second inspection of the Sanibel Causeway since January of this year. The purpose of the follow up inspection was to document the extent of, and any changes to, small cracks found in some of the concrete beams under the bridge decks.
It was determined that there was an increase in some crack quantities and lengths, but the beams overall are in good condition and there are no structural concerns with the bridges.
TY Lin has recommended some repairs to the bridges to seal the cracking and try and to prevent it from continuing. The County will move forward with the recommended repairs and will continue to monitor the cracks with an additional inspection expected in February 2014.
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Cape Coral man arrested for child neglect
- Deadly motorcycle crash in Lehigh Acres
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week
- U.S. 41 Northbound Blocked near Andrea Lane
- Homeless chilren create Pictures of Hope