|Published:||Oct 04, 2013 5:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 04, 2013 5:51 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The City will shut down water service on Tuesday along Lafayette Street, between Vincennes Street and Cape Coral Street, to relocate a water line. Water is scheduled to be off from 5:00 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. About 30 businesses will be affected, and boil water notices will be distributed to the customers impacted by the project.
The work schedule may change due to weather and/or any other unforeseen circumstances.
The City is constructing an underground stormwater treatment system to provide storage and treatment of run-off. The system will collect run-off from Lafayette Street and the adjacent properties and provide water quality treatment, reducing the pollutants entering the adjacent canals. The $1.47 million project is scheduled to be completed by the end of 2013. Denco Construction, Inc. is the contractor.
For more information about this project, please contact the Citizen’s Action Center at (239) 574-0425.
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft