|Published:||Oct 04, 2013 5:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 04, 2013 5:51 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- The City will shut down water service on Tuesday along Lafayette Street, between Vincennes Street and Cape Coral Street, to relocate a water line. Water is scheduled to be off from 5:00 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. About 30 businesses will be affected, and boil water notices will be distributed to the customers impacted by the project.
The work schedule may change due to weather and/or any other unforeseen circumstances.
The City is constructing an underground stormwater treatment system to provide storage and treatment of run-off. The system will collect run-off from Lafayette Street and the adjacent properties and provide water quality treatment, reducing the pollutants entering the adjacent canals. The $1.47 million project is scheduled to be completed by the end of 2013. Denco Construction, Inc. is the contractor.
For more information about this project, please contact the Citizen’s Action Center at (239) 574-0425.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search