|Published:||Oct 03, 2013 8:09 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 03, 2013 11:28 AM EDT|
PLANTATION, Fla. (AP) - Authorities are investigating after a pipe bomb exploded under a car parked at a South Florida townhouse complex.
The Miami Herald (hrld.us/19j30y8 ) reports witnesses heard a loud bang under a Toyota Corollo parked in the Jacaranda community in Plantation on Wednesday night.
No one was injured in the explosion. But hubcaps and pieces from the vehicle were scattered around.
The bomb squad and agents form the Department of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms were investigating.
Plantation police say the vehicle belongs to a cab driver. They haven't said whether the car was targeted or it was a random attack.
No further details were immediately available.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape