|Published:||Oct 03, 2013 4:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 03, 2013 6:00 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - "It's a great day right here, all these jobs, 190,000 square feet of additional manufacturing jobs in the great state of Florida," said Governor Rick Scott.
This is Arthrex's newest facility, called Arthrex Manufacturing East. Executives with the company tell WINK News they've created 200 new jobs and plan to add hundreds more. The company's founder, Reinhold Schmieding, said the Governor's leadership has made the difference.
"It keeps us working hard and it is working and creating a thousand jobs since you've been elected, it's really a great day for Arthrex, a great day of Florida," said Schmieding.
But Governor Rick Scott said private companies deserve credit.
"The private sector has added 365,000 jobs in two and a half years, that's outstanding thats after a significant job loss the 4 years before I became Governor over, 800,000 jobs lost."
And Governor Scott doesn't want to stop there.
"My focus is continue the progress we've made, I walked into my first year with a 3.6 billion dollar budget deficit, we've supported the legislature, cut 2,600 regulations, we've reduced property taxes, business taxes,' said Governor Scott. "But I want to do is work with everybody around the state, including the legislature and say what's the right way to continue this job growth but by reducing 500 million dollars in taxes and fees."
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida