|Published:||Oct 03, 2013 4:32 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 03, 2013 1:00 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - Gunnery Road south was shut down for four hours Thursday morning after a head-on collision.
Two cars crashed near the intersection of 26th Street SW and Gunnery Road just after 3 a.m. Florida Highway Patrol is currently investigating the crash, and details are limited at this time.
Four people were injured in the crash. One was taken to the hospital via ambulance with life-threatening injuries, another was airlifted with minor injuries. FHP tells WINK News one of the drivers is currently in stable condition.
It is unknown at this time whether alcohol was involved.
Trust WINK News to deliver updates on this incident as they become available.
- LCSO searches for missing Fort Myers teen
- Charlotte County roofer gets help for dog with a broken leg
- CCSO IDs Golden Gate Estates murder victim, makes arrest
- Fort Myers Police investigating shooting.
- Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity to visit Ft. Myers
- Driver dies after crashing into Cape Coral home
- Cape Coral man accused of killing wife appears in court
- Good Samaritans return envelope with $1,500
- Yankee Candle recalls product due to risk of fire
- Free bee removal for a woman after a year of heartache