|Published:||Oct 03, 2013 3:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 03, 2013 4:37 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- Charlotte County workers located a vehicle in a canal this morning that belongs to a man reported missing more than 25 years ago.
At about 10:00 this morning, Charlotte County workers located a 1982 white Chevrolet Corvette in a canal near the area of Rampart Blvd. and Navigator Road in the Deep Creek area of Punta Gorda. The tag number on the vehicle matched that of a vehicle reportedly driven by a man who was last seen in November 1986.
Major Crimes detectives have notified the next of kin of Terrance Paul Beghin that his vehicle has been located. At this point, there is no evidence of Beghin himself in the vehicle. Beghin was 26 years old when he was reported missing.
Major Crimes detectives and Crime Scene Technicians are still at the location which has been cordoned off while they continue their investigation.
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Florida Supreme Court to discuss medical marijuana Thursday
- Collier County first responders investigate hazmat situation
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys