|Published:||Oct 02, 2013 11:31 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 02, 2013 11:31 PM EDT|
ESTERO, Fla -Road work on I 75 could cause some temporary lane closures on the northbound lanes of I 75 Wednesday night.
Crews are moving a crane across the interstate as part of a project to connect I 75 to Southwest Florida International Airport between Alico Road and Daniels Parkway.
Drivers could experience temporary road closures until 5 a.m. Thursday morning.
This is part of a $54 million project involving new exit ramps that will give drivers a direct route to and from I 75 and the airport.
The 'Direct Connect' includes a flyover passing over Ben Hill Griffen Parkway.
The construction is expected to wrap up in the spring of 2015.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer