|Published:||Oct 02, 2013 5:03 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Oct 02, 2013 5:03 PM EDT|
VERO BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Prosecutors have offered a new plea deal to a Florida teen accused of having sex with her underage girlfriend.
The state attorney's office in Indian River County reports making the offer Tuesday. An assistant for 19-year-old Kaitlyn Hunt's attorney on Wednesday said they weren't commenting on the deal.
Hunt was charged in February with having sex with a 14-year-old female schoolmate when she was 18-years-old. A previous plea deal was withdrawn in August following allegations that Hunt exchanged thousands of texts with the girl and sent her nude photos. A judge revoked her bond, sending her to jail, and prosecutors added a charge of transmitting material harmful to a minor.
Under the new deal, Hunt would plead no contest to reduced charges. She would be released from jail Dec. 20 and serve 3 years of probation. She would also avoid a felony conviction and sex offender registration.
Information from: The Stuart (Fla.) News, http://www.tcpalm.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- SWFL couple gives gift of Christmas to less fortunate
- WINK News gets answers for those with unemployment problems
- Lee rejects wording in animal ordinance; will revise it
- Make-A-Wish Grants boy's wish for a fish tank at his church
- Barbara B. Mann remembered at annual Holiday Carol Sing
- WINK Investigates what's at stake in Radel ethics probe
- iGeneration Charter School in Immokalee shuts down